28/09/2015

// the reading habits tag

So I was scrolling through my Bloglovin' then came across the "Reading Habits tag" which which Amy from Between The Pages did a post on. I love doing tags so here I am making a post on it now. 


Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

Isha: I don't have specific place in my home for reading but I do most of my reading on my bed under a pile of pillows and my cosy duvet.

Hanna: I don't really have a certain place for reading. I can read at my mom's room, our couch in the sitting room or whenever I'm in the toilet (lol) but like Isha, I prefer reading on my bed with throws. 

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Isha: I've been using a colour swatch for my bookmarks lately but whatever works really. Be it a piece of a paper or a candy wrapper lol.

Hanna: It depends, if I have a bookmark near me then I would use that. But most of the time I just use whatever is near me whether it be a piece of paper, hair grips, sticky notes. 

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?

Isha: I never stop mid-chapter. It's an odd habit of mine. Plus it makes me uncomfortable if I do hahah.

Hanna: I HATE STOPPING MID-CHAPTER. It's like if I stop mid-chapter, I just feel like I'm gonna forget about what happened. I only stop mid-chapter if I'm super sleepy. But then the next time I read, I read the whole chapter again. 

Do you eat or drink while reading?

Isha: I like hot drinks when I'm reading because it keeps me up as well. I also eat bite-sized chocolate from time to time to ease the pain ahah. They're an essential kit.

Hanna: Nope, I'm afraid to get tea stains or food stains on Isha's books lol. She'd kill me. 

Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

Isha: I never listen to music when I'm reading. How could people do that? I can read over the television in the background though.

Hanna: I honestly can't read whilst there's music or television playing in the background. I just can't concentrate. 


One book at a time or several at once?

Isha: People's ability to read multiple books at a time still amazes me. How do they do it? 

Hanna: I don't know but I prefer reading books one at a time. 

Reading at home or everywhere?

Isha: I could practically everywhere as long as I'm not in a moving vehicle. It always gives me headaches. Though, I prefer reading at home.

Hanna: Same with Isha. I don't really mind but I prefer reading if there's no background noise. 

Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Isha: Reading silently in my head. 

Hanna: Reading silently in my head.


Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

Isha: Sometimes I'm being sneaky and sort of read ahead a few pages where I'm at to get a sense of what's going to happen next heh.

Hanna: Ha! No, I'm not a cheater like Isha haha. 

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

Isha: I know everyone's like "If you break the books spine, it shows that it is loved". Nope, not for me. I prefer keeping my physical books looking like new.

Hanna: Well, if I break the spine of Isha's books, I know for sure that she will literally kill me. 

Do you write in your books?

Isha: No, oh my god. Never.

Hanna: I don't want to be murdered by Isha so no hahah.

Now I tagged everyone reading this post right now :) What are you reading habits? Do we have any similar ones? Let me know in the comments below x

9 comments:

  1. I'm so doing this post! (mentioning that you tagged me xD) LOVE your answers to these ^_^ And Hanna I'm so incredibly proud of you for admitting you read in the toilet xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope this post enabled you to get to know us more 🙈 i cant believe my sister said that hahah. anyway, thanks for visiting the blog, sj <333

      xxx isha

      Delete
  2. You two crack me up! Haha! And I love how you two are so alike, because some siblings aren't! :D

    I never write on my books, but I've highlighted some, only sentence that struck me very much, lol. And I do the same with bookmarks! I even used my cat's tail once while it was sleeping, HAHAHAHA!

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we two are so alike people mistake us as twins omG. JANDY NELSON AND SARAH CROSSAN THOUGHT WE WERE TWINS AHAH. i used to highlight my books (when i first started reading and i regret it because they're so hard to find) posits are so much better tbh. you used your cat's tail? lol i'd probably do the same if i had a cat as well hahah. thanks for visiting the blog, blessie! <333

      xxx isha

      Delete
  3. i love these answers!! i was literally laughing my head off at hanna's "isha's going to kill me if i ruin her books" remarks. i'm currently trying to read more than one book at a time and pro tip: don't do it. i also don't understand how people can listen to music while reading. this was a fun tag! xxx xan @ twirling pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true though hahah! i like to keep my books in pristine condition 🙈 im currently reading like three books at the same time and its honestly not effective because you just end up neglecting the others.

      thank your for visiting the blog, xan! xxx

      Delete
  4. If Nikki and I did this tag, Nikki's responses would be pretty much the exactly the same as Hanna's in regards to me killing her if she breaks the spine or spills something on them XD. I feel even more connected to you know Isha haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. britt we are meant to be best friends <333 we get each other in a different level damn heh 🙈

      thanks for visiting the blog, britt! xxx

      Delete